October 6-8 (Friday – Sunday) 2023
Pre-opening of the Christo and Jean-Claude Center
with an address from Vladimir Yavashev, director of operations and projects, Christo and Jean-Claude
We are pleased to invite you to the preliminary opening of the Christo and Jean-Claude Center in Gabrovo and to share our plans for the Center. You will have the opportunity to explore the building and immerse yourself in the past, present and future of Gabrovo.
The three-day event includes:
– exhibitions dedicated to the projects of Christo and Jean-Claude, Christo’s childhood in Gabrovo
– open studios (several artists and designers already use studios in the Center)
– Synthesis of patches. Opera for a building – a sound installation located in halls, rooms, corners and niches throughout the building, by Stefan A. Shteref and Emilian Gatsov-Elbi
– Screening of films dedicated to iconic projects of Christo and Jean-Claude
– Workshops (we will make a mastaba from tin boxes, a scale model of the Mastaba)
– Parties and DJ sets
– Pop-up shop for limited series works
– Walks and visits
– Final meetings with potential partners and collaborators for planning future collaborations with the Center.
We would be honored to have you join our event! We can’t wait to share our country’s most ambitious project in the field of contemporary art and culture with you, and we look forward to future collaborations!
Center “Christo and Jean-Claude” – history, process and plans for the future
The event is organized by the Municipality of Gabrovo and the Museum of Humor and Satire with the support of the America for Bulgaria Foundation.
The full program of the event is to be published on the Center’s website, as well as on its social media channels.